Privacy & Security
DallasMustang.com is committed to safeguarding your privacy online. Please read the following statement to understand how your personal information will be treated as you make full use of the DallasMustang.com website. The DallasMustang.com website is owned and operated by Dallas Mustang Inc.
If you have any questions regarding our privacy statement, please feel free to contact us by e-mail at email@example.com.
Gathering of Information
- Voluntary Submission - DallasMustang.com does not collect personel identifying information about any individual except when knowingly provided by such individual. For example, we may ask you for information when you register for a contest or survey or to receive a newsletter. You always have the option not to provide the information we request. If you choose not to provide the information we request, you can still visit most of the Dallas Mustang website, but you may be unable to access certain options and services.
- Browser Level Information - DallasMustang.com web servers automatically collect information about a site user's IP address, browser type and referrer by reading this information from the user's browser (information provided by every user's browser). This information is collected in a database and used--in an aggregated, anonymous manner--in our internal analysis of traffic patterns within our web site. This information is automatically logged by most web sites.
Use of Information
Our primary goal in collecting user information is to enhance your experience on our web site. We achieve this goal by, among other things, providing interactive communications such as our electronic newsletters to the e-mail address that you provide to us, and developing future editorial content based on your interests. To develop content targeted to your interests, we use aggregated user information to determine which areas of our web site users prefer based upon traffic to those areas. We do not track what individual users read, but instead how well each page or content area performs overall.
DallasMustang.com may also disclose information about our users when we believe, in good faith, that the disclosure is required by law. When you are on an area of Dallas Mustang and are asked for personal information, you are sharing that information with Dallas Mustang as well as business partners and vendors providing hosting and other services for DallasMustang.com. If you do not want your information to be shared, you can choose not to allow the transfer of your information by not using that particular service. These parties, as well as advertisers who contract directly with a third-party service to serve their advertisements, may set their own cookies.
In addition, any personally identifiable information provided by our users as part of an advertiser promotion online may be provided directly to advertisers.
Please be aware that DallasMustang.com sponsors, advertisers or web sites that have links on our site may collect personally identifiable information about you. The information practices of those parties and web sites linked to DallasMustang.com are not covered by this privacy statement. DallasMustang.com users should also be aware that, when you voluntarily disclose personal information in chat areas or bulletin boards, that information may be collected by others and may result in unsolicited messages from others. Kids under 13: Do not send any information about yourself to us--including information such as your name, address, or e-mail address. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 13. In the event that we learn we have collected any personal information from a child under the age of 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information from our database as quickly as possible.
This statement may change from time to time, so please check back periodically.
How to Contact Us: firstname.lastname@example.org.
© 2008 Dallas Mustang Inc. All Rights Reserved.
- IP address: Every computer connected to the Internet has a numeric address called an “IP address." This may or may not correspond uniquely to a particular computer. In some cases, IP addresses can be resolved to domain names, which may indicate a site visitor's Internet service provider, employer, university, etc. As part of its database analysis DallasMustang.com resolves IP addresses to domain names.
- Browser type: A user’s browser is a software program running on a computer that allows users to access documents on the World Wide Web. Browsers can be either text or graphic. They read HTML coded pages that reside on a server and interpret the coding into what the user sees as Web pages. Netscape Navigator and Microsoft Internet Explorer are examples of Web browsers. Browser type typically discloses hardware platform, operating system, and browser software and version.
- Referrer: The referrer is the URI of the Internet resource or page that causes a browser to request a page or image from DallasMustang.com servers.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
The table below lists the cookies we collect and what information they store.
|COOKIE name||COOKIE Description|
|CART||The association with your shopping cart.|
|CATEGORY_INFO||Stores the category info on the page, that allows to display pages more quickly.|
|COMPARE||The items that you have in the Compare Products list.|
|CURRENCY||Your preferred currency|
|CUSTOMER||An encrypted version of your customer id with the store.|
|CUSTOMER_AUTH||An indicator if you are currently logged into the store.|
|CUSTOMER_INFO||An encrypted version of the customer group you belong to.|
|CUSTOMER_SEGMENT_IDS||Stores the Customer Segment ID|
|EXTERNAL_NO_CACHE||A flag, which indicates whether caching is disabled or not.|
|FRONTEND||You sesssion ID on the server.|
|GUEST-VIEW||Allows guests to edit their orders.|
|LAST_CATEGORY||The last category you visited.|
|LAST_PRODUCT||The most recent product you have viewed.|
|NEWMESSAGE||Indicates whether a new message has been received.|
|NO_CACHE||Indicates whether it is allowed to use cache.|
|PERSISTENT_SHOPPING_CART||A link to information about your cart and viewing history if you have asked the site.|
|POLL||The ID of any polls you have recently voted in.|
|POLLN||Information on what polls you have voted on.|
|RECENTLYCOMPARED||The items that you have recently compared.|
|STF||Information on products you have emailed to friends.|
|STORE||The store view or language you have selected.|
|VIEWED_PRODUCT_IDS||The products that you have recently viewed.|
|WISHLIST||An encrypted list of products added to your Wishlist.|
|WISHLIST_CNT||The number of items in your Wishlist.|