1982 Mustang Transmissions
When it comes to upgrading your Ford Mustangs drivetrain to the next level, Dallas Mustang has the parts you need to go farther quicker. We have everything from the Mustang flywheel to Mustang axles and everything else you need for your performance optimized Mustang's drivetrain.
1982 Mustang Information
- Ford was back in the performance game in 1982, with the return of the Mustang 302 H.O.
- Mustang Cobra was gone but GT nameplate was back for the first time since 1969
- 1982 Mustang GT came equipped with 4-speed manual transmission, 5.0L HO V8, power steering assist, traction bars and few exterior upgrades, like fog lamps, an air dam and a rear spoiler
- Previous trim levels were replaced with the “L”, “GL” and “GLX” badges
- In 1982 the California Highway Patrol asked for a high performance, lightweight pursuit vehicle and the Mustang SSP (Special Service Package) was born
- By the end of production in 1993 almost 15,000 SSP Mustangs were produced